Manage episode 281670845 series 2496530
Jamie Taylor PhD is the former head of Academy at Leicester Tigers and now working with Grey Matters as a Senior Coach Developer and the English Institute of Sport as the coaching and curriculum lead. He is a coach, coach developer and researcher in coaching science with a particular focus on talent development.
In this podcast, we follow up with Jamie to take an even deeper dive into teaching, learning and decision making.
- Is coaching teaching?
- Can classroom research transfer to sports coaching?
- Which pedagogical principles can help coaches plan and deliver sessions
- Why a coach needs to be much more than an environmental designer
- The role of cognition in learning
- How coaches can use professional judgement and decision making to decide which principles and methods to use and when
- What factors does it depend on when we say "it depends"
Robert Bjork Desirable Difficulties:
Pam Richards Research on Shared Mental Models:
Implementing the Five-A Model of Technical Refinement: Key Roles of the Sport Psychologist:
Professional Judgement and Decision Making in Sport
Coaching: To Jump Or Not To Jump:
Visit Jamie at: