Manage episode 295151139 series 2790783
MLB gives guidance on "Sticky Stuff" enforcement
- Johnny Bench, Legendary Reds Catcher talks pine tar
- Rule 3.01 The Ball from "Official Baseball Rules"
- "No player shall intentionally discolor or damage the ball by rubbing it with soil, rosin, paraffin, licorice, sand-paper, emery-paper or other foreign substance. "
- Trevor Bauer - has been asking MLB for over 4 years to address Sticky Stuff
- Angels' Bubba Harkins was the first casualty of the Rule
- MLB New Guidance - avoid rosin & licorice
- Tyler Glasnow answers questions about new
- Control of Ball & Spin Rate
- Umpires will have thorough inspection of pitchers, position players & catchers
- No "Instant Replay" of Sticky Stuff - Umpires will be sole judge
- Pitcher Injuries, Shane Bieber, Max Scherzer & Tyler Glasnow
- Who builds the balls, Rawlings. Who owns Rawlings, MLB.
- How will new MLB guidance impact CBA with Players Association
Special Thanks to XTaKeRuX for the music Rocking Forward
Brandon Noe @SportsBlitzPod
Mark Corbett @TheBaseballBiz