Manage episode 275409982 series 2655939
In part 2 Daniel Ray and Brady Blevins continue their discussion on the Ouija Board,* a controversial but extremely popular best-seller made by game and toy maker Hasbro.® Some of the questions they explore include:
- Is this a mere game or toy "for entertainment purposes" only?
- Why did the inventer argue in court that communicating through his "talking board" was actually a religious practice?
- Could it actually be a tool of the occult that allegedly allows a medium to contact the dead (necromancy), a practice clearly forbidden in the Bible (Deut. 18:10-12)?
- Why did it take an IRS lawsuit appealed all the way to the US Supreme Court for the Ouija to be classified as a game?
BONUS LINKS: Here are some additional resources:
- Ouija Board Profile by Dr. Brady Blevins: www.watchman.org/Files/Profile_Ouija.pdf
- Occult Profile by James Walker: www.watchman.org/profiles/pdf/occultprofile.pdf
FREE: We are also offering a free subscription to our bimonthly Profiles here: www.watchman.org/Free.
SUPPORT: Help us create more content like this. Make a tax-deductible donation here: www.watchman.org/give.
Apologetics Profile is a ministry of Watchman Fellowship
For more information, visit www.watchman.org © Watchman Fellowship, Inc.
* Introduction audio excerpt courtesy "The Home of Horror," Paranormal Witness (Season 1 Episode 5): A family's use of a Ouija board brings an evil entity into their home, YouTube, July 17, 2019: https://youtu.be/lucRKtuCjtU