Manage episode 281529051 series 1409924
Do you find it hard to find the time, energy, and attention to do everything you want to do each week?
It could be that you’re doing things that you really shouldn’t be doing.
Maybe they’re things you don’t like to do, or maybe they’re things that you ENJOY doing, but they are taking you away from making progress on your goals.
In this episode, we are going to talk about one of my favorite high leverage productivity topics: Outsourcing. Learn some of the ways we outsource to create more time in the week and discover how to avoid some of the mistakes most people make when trying to outsource.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:06]
- How the TEA framework ties into outsourcing different parts of your life for more time, energy, and attention in their lives [7:38]
- Why it’s so hard to justify spending money outsourcing things we can do ourselves, and how to move past that [11:54]
- How to discover all the things in your life that you can (and maybe should) outsource [16:15]
- How Brooks and his wife collaborated to help outsource the housework they each didn’t want to do to each other [19:00]
- Some prompt to help kickstart ideas of what you could outsource in your life [24:08]
- The pros and cons of having the work you’ve outsourced stay onshore or go offshore [30:44]
- Where you can find people to help you with your tasks, no matter how big or how small [33:23]
- How to ensure the work you have gets done as you’d like it and gets done well [41:38]
- Why you should always state the obvious when working with new people, and what can happen if you don’t [45:46]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [51:44]
3 Ways To Outsource Successfully
- Make a task list
- Determine which type of personal outsourcing you want to do
- Set the right expectations
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- Esington Glass
- Join the Do The Damn Thing call on Personal Outsourcing this January 12
- TEA Framework, Level 1: Making the Most of Your Limited Time (TPS219)
- TPS23: Optimization, Automation, and Outsourcing
- Personal Outsourcing: How to Get More Than 24 Hours Out of Each Day
- 4k Weeks
- How to Get a Great Assistant Who Can Help You Get Back Your Time
- TPS49: Delegation and outsourcing w/ Julia Tunstall
- The CEO’s Secret to Productivity: An Executive Assistant (TPS143)
- How to Get Started with An Executive Assistant w/ Tim Francis (TPS190)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.