Manage episode 280026069 series 1409924
Here at The Productivity Show, we all use at least an adapted version of David Allen’s GTD or Getting Things Done productivity system.
Once you start using GTD the question becomes – what do you use to keep track of your Projects, Tasks, and Next Actions?
For most people it is an app, but which one is the “best”? And what does the “Best GTD app” even mean?
In this episode, we break down 5 GTD apps and give recommendations for which apps are the “best” for different types of users.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:16]
- How this episode can help people who are new to GTD find their tools, and veterans find their perfect software [4:00]
- What to consider before investing your time and money in a new GTD system [9:08]
- Not so fast! How to fight Shiny Object Syndrome with new tools and apps [12:47]
- Thanh and Brooks’s favorite GTD app and why they have been using it religiously for years [14:40]
- The cross-platform app that Thanh and Brooks recommends most for people looking for a robust and friendly UI [21:17]
- Why Things holds its own in the task management space, and who would benefit most from using it [25:28]
- What software can help people who think visually take on GTD (and how it can help people who don’t want task management software at all) [29:27]
- Why this classic David-Allen-recommended app is still a GTD powerhouse after all these years [32:46]
- Which apps are still amazing for GTD but didn’t make the top 5 [36:11]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [37:41]
- Official GTD Setup Guides
- Elgato Stream Deck
- How to Get GTD to Work For You: Simple Strategies For Managing Your Inboxes And Capturing Information (TPS149)
- The 5 GTD Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes… Do You? (TPS309)
- 5 GTD Tips To Become A Power User And Get Things Done Consistently (TPS322)
- Bullet Journal
- How to Achieve Your Goals with Any Task Management System
- The Productivity Perils of Shiny Object Syndrome & 8 Strategies to Overcome Them (TPS158)
- Microsoft Outlook & To-Do
- Optimize Outlook
- Pocket Informant
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.