Manage episode 305339145 series 2855491
#083 Have you ever dreamed of leaving your current life behind to sail the tropics? Our guest today, Paul Trammell, did just that.
Paul takes us on a story-filled journey from growing up in West Virginia, to becoming a teacher for a brief period of time before settling on the northern Florida coast as a musician and carpenter.
When Paul decided to get sober, he promised himself a one-week sailing class as a reward when he reached his one-year anniversary of sobriety. That trip was the gateway to the life he lives today – as a writer and sailor, living aboard his boat fulltime.
Here’s what we discuss:
- An overview of Paul’s journey that brought him to being a full-time solo sailor;
- The decision process to completely leave his old life behind;
- How sobriety supported turning his dream into a reality;
- A glimpse into the depth, presence and intentionality of the solo sailing life; and
- What big dream is on his horizon.
Paul designed his life to align with what matters most to him: nature, adventure, creativity and solitude. This episode is sure to give you some inspiring and practical ideas on how to redesign your life to live more wholeheartedly and turn your dream into a reality.
Paul’s website: books, podcast
If you'd like to join our circle and never miss a weekly episode, please hit subscribe. While you're there, you can rate the podcast by highlighting the stars that match your experience. Much appreciated!
For episode materials, show notes or to submit a question for a future episode, visit: https://athenawellness.com/podcast