Manage episode 220129619 series 2435664
Happy Halloween from middle-Earth! In this episode we're exploring some of the season's traditional tropes as they appear in Tolkien's stories.
- A brief biography of Þráinn
- a Wikipedia article on Hrómundar saga Gripssonar
- a Translation of the Griplur of the Saga
- Stef is going to read Beren and Lúthien, if we make her. Tweet at her with the hashtag #athrastefReadsTolkien
- Jude really butchered the pronunciation of fairë. It should sound like fire-eh. the ai dipthong in quenya should always sound like the ai in "aisle" and never "mail". The final, short e should be pronounced like the e in "end".