Manage episode 279644023 series 1153320
The Adelaide 36ers signed former EuroLeague star Tony Crocker as their second import and final roster signing for the 2020-21 NBL season. The Oklahoma native carved out an impressive college career, playing alongside Blake Griffin at Oklahoma University, reaching the NCAA Elite Eight in 2009.
Tony's decade-long pro-career has included significant stints in the Basketball Super League in Turkey and the EuroLeague. The 33-year-old forward most recently played with Pinar Karsiyaka in the Turkish Super League and the Basketball Champions League and having won a number of slam dunk competitions during his time in Europe he is expected to excite the Adelaide fans with his above the ring playing style.
Tony averaged 10.5 points during the COVID shortened season for Pinar Karsiyaka. Prior to that he had played alongside Russian basketball legend Alexy Schved at Khimki Moscow, finishing runners-up to CSKA Moscow.
- How the coronavirus impacted Tony Crocker's basketball journey (2:00)
- What did he know about Australian and the league before this opportunity and what caused him to sign a deal with the Adelaide 36ers (8:30)
- Reaching the NCAA Tournament with Oklahoma University and playing alongside Blake Griffin (12:00)
- Making the Elite Eight in 2009 only to lose to a talented North Carolina squad featuring Ty Lawson, Danny Green, Tyler Hansborough and Wayne Ellington (14:00)
- Closing the book on his college career and nominating for the NBA draft (15:00)
- A decade of playing in Europe, teammates, opponents and highlights (17:00)
- How he thinks he'll fit in with the rest of the team and what he'll be able to bring to the 36ers roster (22:00)
- Items on his bucket list while playing in Australia (23:00)
- What were some of the biggest hurdles he's faced during his career and how he overcame them (24:00)
- Goals for his time in Adelaide (25:00)
Visit dunk.com.au for your next set of basketball uniforms.
Listen to our previous interviews with the biggest stars in Australian Basketball, head to Aussiehoopla.com. Check out previous podcasts featuring;
Australian Basketball Legends - Luc Longley, Andrew Gaze, Shane Heal, Mark Bradtke, Leroy Loggins, David Andersen, Andrew Vlahov, CJ Bruton, Chris Anstey, Brett Maher, John Rillie, Tony Ronaldson, Brad Newley
Current NBL Stars -Donald Sloan, AJ Ogilvy, Damian Martin, Daniel Kickert, Thomas Abercrombie, Jason Cadee, Bryce Cotton, Chris Goulding, Mitch McCarron, Cam Gliddon, Anthony Drmic
Our Finest Coaching Minds - Brian Goorjian, Barry Barnes, Joey Wright, Adrian Hurley, Aaron Fearne, Rob Beveridge, Phil Smyth, Ian Stacker, Shawn Dennis, Dean Vickerman, Trevor Gleeson, Lindsey Gaze, Ken Cole, Will Weaver
NBA Stars Past & Present - Andrew Bogut, Matthew Dellavedova, Stephen Jackson, Randy Livingston, Torrey Craig, Acie Earl, Josh Childress, Reggie Smith, Todd Lichti, Ryan Broekhoff, Doug Overton
The NBL's Greatest Imports - Darryl McDonald, Ricky Grace, Derek Rucker, Leon Trimmingham, Scott Fisher, Lanard Copeland, Mike Mitchell, Darnell Mee, Isaac Burton, Adonis Jordan, Shawn Redhage, Willie Farley, Al Green, Corey "Homicide" Williams, Andre Moore, Steve Woodberry, Mike Mitchell, Dusty Rychart, Ebi Ere, Doug Overton, Kevin Lisch
And the men who run things - Larry Kestelman, Paul Maley, Vince Crivelli, Jeremy Loeliger, Chuck Harmison, Jeff Van Groningen, Bob Turner
All that and much more.