Manage episode 292322749 series 2811585
Find full show notes and links at: https://gocamp.pro/beyondcamp/pride-camping
Welcome, Amanda and David from the Pride Camping Association!
Join us today as we hear the story of two of the people behind The Pride camping association. Amanda and Davin share their mission, reflect on successes and some hurdles along the road and of course how the pandemic has shifted all of this. Building an organization from the ground up is no easy feat, so grab a cup of coffee or glass of water, get comfy and join us.
Find out more about The Pride Camping Association at https://www.pridecamping.org/
Tune in to this episode to hear about:
- How do you identify and where do you carry privilege?
- What is your vision for the pride camping association?
- When did you have the first spark of an idea to create this?
- What have been some of your successes? Were people as excited about this as you expected?
- Where have you stumbled or faced challenges you did not expect?
- What is the goal of the association - this year? In 5 years? In 10 years?
- If you had unlimited resources (time/money/skills) what would you do with the association?
- How can folks be allies to Pride Camping?
- How has the goal or vision of the association evolved?
- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start their own association?
Cassie Bloy, Consultant & Freelance Camp Director - Stephane Richard Development Consulting
Rachel Kent, Coordinator, Member Risk - Girl Guides of Canada
Amanda Grassick, Manager, Member Risk - Girl Guides of Canada
Davin Allan, Outdoor Education Director - YMCA Camp Elphinstone