177: Putting Yourself in the Best Financial Position as a First Time Home Buyer with Scott and Mindy
Manage episode 286790734 series 2566047
It’s hard being a first time home buyer, especially if you don’t have any experience with real estate, property values, or market appreciation. You may be wondering how you’ll be able to buy a home that will help increase your net worth, or at least, not shrink it. Scott and Mindy are on today to tell you how to make the best first time home buying decision possible.
We’ll go through the most common myths that first time home buyers tend to get caught up in. Myths such as:
- Buy as much home as you can
- Buy your “forever home” as your first time purchase
- Your home is an investment
- And more..
If you’re interested in gaining some appreciation with your first home purchase, Scott and Mindy also walk through the most common exit strategies and how you can prepare to use them. You’ll also hear some great advice on how to find a good deal in your area. And no, a good deal doesn’t just mean a deal that is lower than market average!
Want to know more about how to successfully buy your first home? Scott and Mindy’s new book First Time Home Buyer can be ordered now!
In This Episode We Cover
- What most home buyers get wrong when buying their first house
- The most common myths that first time home buyers believe
- How to find a good deal, regardless of the area you live in
- Knowing EXACTLY what kind of house you want to buy
- Buying a house that works for you and your partner (if living together)
- Preparing calmly to act aggressively so you can get a perfect home under contract
- And So Much More!