Manage episode 290858367 series 2566047
Many of us have had the benefit of growing up in households where our parents taught us about money, saving, and investing. Angela Rozmyn was raised in one of these households, and when she wanted something like a bunk bed, her parents got her to work so she could split the cost of it. Clearly this has helped her even to this day as she pursues financial independence and runs the Facebook Group “Women’s Personal Finance (Women On Fire)”.
Before she was on her financially independent journey, she had to get rid of her student debt. She did so by working two jobs before getting into a full-time position and paying off small amounts of the loan as quickly as possible. She paid off $24,000 in student loans in less than 4 years, a huge accomplishment! One of the biggest factors that pushed her to pay off her loan so early was when she calculated how much she was paying in interest on a daily basis. This lit a fire under her to become debt-free.
Now, Angela writes on her own blog Tread Lightly, Retire Early where she shares her money journey, mistakes, and tricks to hitting financial freedom. Angela prides herself on having such a strong community and blog position in a niche that tends to be led mostly by men.
In This Episode We Cover
- Instilling a money mentality in children at a young age
- Paying off your student loans as fast as you can
- Having separate accounts when married/in a long-term relationship
- Maxing out your IRAs and doing as much as you can for your future self
- House-hacking and finding a roommate that benefits your life
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Money Facebook Group
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Finance Review Guest Onboarding
- Scott's Instagram
- Mindy's Twitter
- The Millionaire Educator
- One Frugal Girl
- Student Loan Calculator
- Retire by 40
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 161 with Mad Fientist
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 187 with Tiffany Aliche
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 124 with Millionaire Educator
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 13 with Tanja
Check the full show notes here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/moneyshow191