Manage episode 293780428 series 2566047
We love when guests come back on the show, especially when that guest is Kyle Mast. You may have heard him back on episodes 41 & 84, but now he’s here to celebrate our 200th episode with us! Scott and Mindy have come up with their own questions to ask Kyle ranging from retirement accounts, to asset allocation, to the future of cryptocurrency, and more.
If you’re worried about retirement, Kyle has you covered. We go over some great topics like whether you should choose a traditional 401(k) or a Roth 401(k). From there, we talk about whether a pre-tax account or a post-tax account makes the most sense, based on your income, tax bracket, job security, and more. We’ll also touch on HSA (health savings accounts) which are a fan favorite as well as a tried-and-true winner for almost anyone who qualifies for one.
Post-retirement is another topic that rarely gets discussed on the show (since we’re all so focused on getting wealthy, not deploying that wealth). If you’re worried about hitting required minimum distributions soon, you may have the ability to save hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run with some tips from Kyle. We’ll also talk about diversifying your accounts now so you can be nicely positioned upon retirement.
Lastly, we talk about inflation, rising house prices, tech stocks, and (Mindy’s favorite, of course) cryptocurrency. All of these are incredibly relevant right now and it’s great to hear from someone as neutral as Kyle on the pros and cons of each.
In This Episode We Cover
- Traditional 401(k)s vs. Roth 401(k)s and the tax implications of both
- Looking at your retirement accounts from a long or short term position
- Taking the 401(k) match whenever a company allows you to
- Required minimum distributions and the 4% rule
- Solo 401(k)s and and retirement accounts for entrepreneurs
- Cryptocurrency, stocks, real estate, and precious metal allocation
- And So Much More!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Money Facebook Group
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Finance Review Guest Onboarding
- Scott's Instagram
- Mindy's Twitter
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 41
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 84
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 118
- Mad Fientist
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast 120 with Michael Kitces
- Nerd's Eye View
Check the full show notes here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/moneyshow200