Manage episode 293201674 series 2849768
The Book Interrupted women and their fan Squiggy share their personal journals while reading: “White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk about Racism” by Robin Diangelo. Then, continuing the group discussion, they reflect on how the good/bad binary, white women tears, individualism, colonization, rationalization, and their own behaviours contribute towards racism in our society.
- Making a safe space to talk about racism - getting through the uncomfortable and awkwardness and opening the conversation
- Reflecting on our own past and present racist behaviours
- Why is it so hard for white people to talk about racism?
- The good/bad binary
- White women tears
- “People of colour” is an offensive term in some parts of the world
- The role of colonization in creating racism
- White Fragility as a gateway book - start here and learn more after
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted: