Manage episode 303137102 series 2476649
Fresh off their first shutout victory in nearly five years, the Buffalo Bills return home to face the Washington Football Team in a Week 3 showdown. On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D'Amico have everything you need to know to get ready as Buffalo looks for its first home win of the year.
Among the topics discussed:
- Why returning to an old fashioned offensive game plan, featuring plenty of runs for Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, and Josh Allen should help neutralize Washington's talented front four, led by Chase Young and Montez Sweat.
- How Allen is reverting to his bad habits from the 2019 season, and the simple fix he can make to get back on track and regain his accuracy in the passing game.
- How wide receivers Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, Emmanuel Sanders, and Gabriel Davis have the clear edge in their one-on-one matchups against Washington's secondary.
- Why A.J. Epenesa, Jerry Hughes, Greg Rousseau, Ed Oliver and the resurgent defensive line should once again be able to take advantage of a weak Washington offensive line.
- How a bulked-up Epenesa has become a wrecking ball on the defensive line.
- The strengths and weaknesses of Washington quarterback Taylor Heinicke, and how he will attack Buffalo's defense.
- Breaking down the pivotal matchup of Washington wide receiver Terry McLaurin vs. All Pro cornerback Tre'Davious White.
- What Buffalo's defense needs to do to neutralize Washington's 1-2 running back tandem of Antonio Gibson and JD McKissic.
Boccacino and D'Amico then offer up their score predictions for the game. Feel free to leave yours in the comments section.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. & Big Newt, The Overreaction Podcast, Food For Thought, The Chop Up, Hump Day Hotline, Off Tackle with John Fina, Bills Mafia Time 2 Shine and Circling the Wagons:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices