Manage episode 280367286 series 1523818
On this BYN Breakdown, Eric and I kinda just hit record and let it all happen. In our conversation today we talk about things like religion, hypocrisy, and worldview - which, while a bit random, I feel could be useful for those who tune in, since we live in a world full of different opinions, values, and beliefs so it’s important to know how to navigate through them to create relationships.
Let’s get into the conversation and hopefully, you come away with a bit of insight into your worldview and how it affects you and your relationships.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 03:50] Opening Segment
- Welcome to the show
- BYN Breakdown
- Candid Conversations today
- Eric jumps in about the fear of hell
- The psychological impact
- Programmed by society
- The drug example
[03:51 - 14:13] Is Your Worldview Too Fragile?
- Eric talks about listening to preaching
- A weird drawing into it
- When you attack a cult
- Is that me?
- I talk about the sales aspect of it
- The indoctrination
- The funnel
- No other options or assistance given
- We talk about living ministry rather than working it
- Doing more ministry now outside of church
- Your definition of ministry
- Eric talks about real ministry
- Actually taking care of people
- Unspotted by the world
- Holding tradition over principle
- Example of hypocrisy
- Fear orientated operations
- Tackling the fear of questioning
- Facing your worldview
- Travis talks about the hypocrisy in Christianity
[13:29 - 15:12] Closing Segment
- Throwing out your worldview
- Being open to other answers
- Final words
“I feel like I’m more in ministry now than I was when - when I was. Like, I’m helping more people now.” - Eric
“You have to be willing to throw everything you currently believe, your entire worldview, your reason for existing that you view - you have to throw that all up in the air and be willing to accept that somebody else might be right.” - Travis Chappell
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy