Manage episode 281832130 series 1523818
Finding your message can make or break your show as well as become the deciding factor of whether or not it will profit. When you find the message you're passionate about, the doors will start opening and I promise you that you will begin to see success before you even launch your show. We want to dive into that conversation today; what does it look like to find that niche and what are the steps you can take to break down what it is that you should be focusing on to drive consistency, profitability, and interest!
Let’s start by breaking down the four areas that I believe can help you narrow down your topic and get you started on the path to making a profitable podcast.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 04:03] Opening Segment
- Welcome to another Freestyle Friday!
- Story from a client on a coaching call
- Making money before the show launched
- Today's topic: How to find a topic for your show
- The importance of narrowing down your niche
- How do we do it?
[04:04 - 07:02] Choosing Your Podcast Topic
- First: What are my unfair advantages?
- What are the things that you are good at
- Second: What am I passionate about?
- What is it that you enjoy
- Sometimes this is different from your advantage
- Third: What will help people?
- Write a list
- Find what people actually care about
- Fourth: What do you want to learn/master yourself
- See what things are on all of the lists
- This will inform your topic
- A word from our sponsor
[07:03 - 11:42] Closing Segment
- The last one is the big one
- Maybe this topic is something you want to learn
- If you’re interested in it, you’ll be consistent in it
- My networking example
- Eric talks about the importance of passion
- Passion should also pay the bills
- The thing your excited about should be what you focus on
- What would you do if you didn’t make a single dollar
- If you already have a business
- This would be the exception
- We help business owners build and drive capital
- Our Facebook group
- Links below
- Final words
“You have to make a name for yourself by talking about something specific, so you can attract an audience that actually cares about the things that you talk about.” - Travis Chappell
“Starting a show or a podcast about one of those things that you’re interested in learning about has gotta be one of the best ways to keep yourself accountable to continuous learning in that field…” - Travis Chappell
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy