Manage episode 282353736 series 1523818
There can be a lot of fear and limiting beliefs surrounding the topic of starting a podcast. On this BYN Breakdown, we want to focus on the level of expertise needed to get into the game. What do you need to know? How much do you need to know? I think you’ll be surprised that you don’t have to be the expert, and in fact, this is just one of five archetypes that can monetize their podcast.
So let’s jump into the conversation so we can shed some light on this myth and learn other ways to give value.
Things you will learn in this episode:
[00:01 - 02:09] Opening Segment
- Sponsored ad
- Welcome to the show
- BYN Breakdown
- Do you need to be an expert?
- I talk about my take on this
- No, you don’t have to be an expert
- There are 5 archetypes
[02:10 - 07:25] The Kind of Podcasters that can Monetize
- I break down the Expert archetype
- Giving Knowledge you’ve gained for free
- This is the usual one but not the only one
- The Entertainer archetype
- Audience facing monetization
- Niche content is certain subject matter
- Easy to gain traction and downloads
- The Journalist archetype
- Easy to start from scratch
- The example of Napoleon Hill
- Do it in your own way
- These are all the audience facing podcasters
- A word from our sponsor
[07:26 - 11:53] Closing Segment
- Brand Builder and Business Developers are the last two
- Coach expert and high ticket entrepreneurs
- Leveraging attention to build up potential
- High ticket services and products
- Focussing on guests rather than the audience
- Summarizing the archetypes
- If you’re waiting to become the expert, you’ll never start
- Where to start
- Join our Facebook group!
- Link below
- Final words
“I think that you’re doing yourself a disservice if you keep putting off a podcast launch simply because you’re not currently an expert in something.” - Travis Chappell
“There’s a lot of ways to get the job done rather than just focusing on, ‘Oh I need to be an expert to be in this space,’ you do not have to be an expert to start a podcast.” - Travis Chappell
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy