Manage episode 277574554 series 2691175
In this episode of Natalie’s sexual confidence mini-series, her guest discusses the road to recovery following a devastating stroke which initially left him paralyzed on the left side.
He talks frankly about how the event was both the worst and best thing that has happened to him and explains how his experience and sharing with others has increased his confidence and the way in which he and his wife have thought outside of the box to ensure their sex life has continued.
- As a result of my experience and sharing it I have become more confident than I was before the stroke
- I couldn’t get into position so we had to think outside the box and think of sex differently
- We wanted to preserve our sex life so we found other ways.
- As a result of the stroke, my libido increased massively.
- Sexual encounters can be touch, showering together, dressing up and mild bondage.
- We tried lots of things we hadn’t done before, now we have a very extensive collection of sex toys that we didn’t have before.
- It’s important to schedule and set aside time every week for sex
- When your lover is also your carer you have to work at the relationship
- When you have had a life-changing event you have to have to be courageous and strong
- It’s always about a positive mindset.
- It should always be a question of what you can do, look for the solution don’t focus on the problem.
‘Having a stroke has improved my sex life massively’
‘Sex helps to bond you with your partner’
‘The stroke changed my life in many ways that I couldn’t ever have imagined’
ABOUT THE HOST
Natalie is the Confident Entrepreneur, helping others be confident and successful in health, wealth & happiness with kick-ass coaching at Gold Star Life. She’s a Property Developer, has a Serviced Accommodation business which she runs alongside her business partner and Mum, Paula Bailey and they want to help combat loneliness with the Better Together message – helping others to come together to increase their confidence, network and life.
Natalie lives in Mallorca and travels back to the UK regularly to speak at events, host her Gold Star Elite Mastermind and visit property projects. With a background in Personal Training, health and fitness are high on the agenda, with wealth creation and happiness going hand in hand to create a confident and successful life.
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GoldStarLife/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.