Manage episode 283841869 series 1750970
We are a culture that seeks out the extraordinary, the big accomplishments in life. In today's podcast, Kelly Crawford shares the truth that the every day, small, mundane things done for the glory of God have eternal impact. We can be confident that according to God's Word our faithfulness in the little things adds up to living a big life.
Christians are often encouraged to "Do something big for Jesus," but it's Jesus Himself that reminds us to be faithful in the little things, and to make it our ambition to lead a quiet life, minding our own business and working with our hands. This Biblical message is completely counter-cultural, as Biblical truths often are.Today's Podcast Covers:
- What your purpose on earth is
- What the glass ceiling is and why breaking through shouldn't be a goal of ours
- How the "Do more, be more regardless of the cost," mantra is a danger for us as Christians
- How can we be content, rather than always looking for something more
- A Biblical response to the question of self-care
- How our calling where God has placed is rich and rewarding
- How trying to live a supermom life creates dissatisfaction with normal life
- and more...
- When Motherhood Feels Too Hard by Kelly Crawford
- Ordinary: Sustainable Faith in a Radical, Restless World by Michael Horton
- You Who? Why You Matter and How to Deal with It by Rachel Jankovic