Manage episode 265024335 series 2648840
US case counts rise about 30,000 daily.
Americans aren’t as unconcerned about COVID as media reports might indicate.
NYC struggles to implement contact tracing.
Australia will close its borders through the end of the year, China punishes “rumors.”
More research has emerged indicating the D614G amino acid change matters. How should we evaluate these reports?
Articles and studies cited on the show
- Passenger removed from American Airlines flight has been temporarily banned by the airline
- NYC hired 3,000 workers for contact tracing. It's off to a slow start.
- As South Korea Eases Limits, Virus Cluster Prompts Seoul to Close Bars
- Nursing homes represent more than 1 in 4 COVID-19 deaths in U.S.
- Fox News Poll: Voters say yes to face masks, no to rallies
- Georgia nurses accuse hospital of manipulating COVID-19 test results
- Australia's tourism minister says international borders will remain sealed until 2021
- Mutated coronavirus shows significant boost in infectivity
- The D614G mutation in the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein reduces S1 shedding and increases infectivity
- The D614G mutation in SARS-CoV-2 Spike increases transduction of multiple human cell types
- TWiV 628: Physical distance for COVID-19 | This Week in Virology
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.