Manage episode 266758203 series 2648840
There is only one documented case of COVID19 transmission on a plane. How indicative is that of the actual risk? Plus a long look at the evidence for this transmission and what conclusions we can draw from it.
Examining a couple reports of reinfection.
United’s plans to cut workers as of September 30 is emblematic of economic issues as focus shifts to COVID19 long haul.
CDC supposedly won’t change school guidelines
USA and World news roundup.
Articles and studies cited on the show
- Georgia to reactivate makeshift hospital at Atlanta convention center
- Michigan businesses will be required to refuse entry to people not wearing masks
- United Airlines Says 36,000 Jobs at Risk Once U.S. Aid Ends
- Contact tracing effort scaled way back
- CDC director says no revised school guidelines despite Trump's push
- COVID-19 strain in Beijing outbreak may have come from Southeast Asia: Harvard study
- Taxi drivers, cleaners and shop workers with no Covid symptoms to be tested for virus
- Asymptomatic testing extended to thousands of workers in England
- Koreatown man reinfected with COVID-19 after attending several protests
- Potential transmission of SARS-CoV-2 on a flight from Singapore to Hanghzou, China: An epidemiological investigation
- Probable aircraft transmission of Covid-19 in-flight from the Central African Republic to France
- Serial Laboratory Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Incarcerated and Detained Persons in a Correctional and Detention Facility — Louisiana, April–May 2020 | MMWR
- Doctors explain why mutated strain of coronavirus that is dominant in Houston is more contagious but not more deadly
- What To Look For In A Face Mask, According To Science
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.