Manage episode 264918318 series 2648840
An Italian study shows improvement in fatality rates as treatments improve.
A look at US superspreading events at Ft. Benning and in Jacksonville.
US authorities begin to embrace compulsory masks.
A basketball game in Vermont before the shutdown was likely a superspreading event, and highlights the dangers of Trump’s indoor rally in Oklahoma.
Pakistan’s outbreak appears to be accelerating with no mechanism for stopping it at this point.
China’s Beijing outbreak appears to be under control, but the dubious nationalist explanations for the outbreak are not.
Articles and studies cited on the show
- Masks Are Mandated Even in Red States, With Cases Soaring
- DECLARATION OF PHOENIX CITY COUNCIL REQUIRING FACE COVERINGS
- Judge denies request to stop Trump rally due to coronavirus concerns
- Dozens of Attendees at Donald Trump's Tulsa Rally Could Turn Up Infected With COVID-19
- China Starts Intensive Testing of Imported Meat for Coronavirus
- Pakistan’s Lockdown Ended a Month Ago. Now Hospital Signs Read ‘Full.’
- Fort Benning Confirms 142 COVID-19 Cases in 2 Battalions
- Woman, 15 friends test positive for coronavirus after night out at Lynch's
- How America’s Hospitals Survived the First Wave of the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Good News
- Major study finds steroid reduces deaths in patients with severe Covid-19
- Social distancing and masks reduce risk of getting Covid-19, review finds
- UVM basketball game was a major spreading event, VTDigger survey finds
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.