IC.24-The Imitation of Christ, 24—Exercises of a Righteous Person
Manage episode 355047902 series 2899764
For additional notes and resources check out Douglas’ website.
Our devotional (12 mins) is from "On the Exercises of a Righteous Person" (Book 1, Chapter 19).
Scripture: 2 Pet 1:5-8; Prov 16:9; Jer 10:23; Heb 12:1; Eph 6:11; Rom 8:18; Luke 12:37,42
- Daily renewal: Begin the day the right way!
* Stay busy. Redeem the time. The clock is ticking.
- Don't advertise our righteous acts.* See also the Examen of Ignatius Loyola. (Scroll down.)
Next: "On the Reading of the Holy Scriptures" (Book 1, Chapter 5)
THE EXAMEN:.* Gratitude: recalling the blessings of the day, thanking God.
* Review: Recall the events of the day and notice where you felt God's presence and where you resisted opportunities to grow in love.
* Sorrow: recall anything for which you are sorry.* Forgiveness: ask for God's forgiveness and/or healing, as needed.* Grace: Ask God for the grace you need for the next day or for your life in general.