Manage episode 329437707 series 3330847
על ידי Dr. Streicher’s Inside Information: THE Menopause Podcast, Lauren Streicher, and MD התגלה על ידי Player FM והקהילה שלנו - זכויות היוצרים שמורות למפרסם, לא ל-Player FM, והשמע מוזרם ישירות מהשרתים שלכם. הירשמו כדי לעקוב אחר עדכונים ב-Player FM, או הדביקו את כתובת העדכונים באפליקציות פודקאסט אחרות.
When it comes to testosterone, hairy guys with round the clock virility come to mind, thanks to those non-stop ads warning men of the dire consequences of "Low T". Not as well known is that TESTOSTERONE is not just a male hormone but is a HUMAN hormone that is just as important for women.
In this episode, Dr. Streicher covers:
- The ROLE of testosterone in women
- WHERE testosterone is normally produced
- The potential BENEFITS of taking testosterone
- How well testosterone therapy WORKS and why it doesn't work in everyone
- How to PREDICT if you will respond to testosterone therapy
- What TESTS you should have prior to starting testosterone therapy
- Why SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN is important
- Why someone would have a HIGH SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN
- Why the FDA has never approved testosterone for women
- Why PELLETS are a PROBLEM
- Why gels are the SAFEST and MOST EFFECTIVE form of testosterone for women
- The potential SIDE EFFECTS of testosterone therapy
For more information:
- Episode 5 Vaginal Estrogen Rings Creams and Other Things
- Episode 11 Vaginal Estrogen is Not Poison
- Episode 16 Minimizing the Monotony of Monogamy with Dr. Alexandra Solomon
- Episode 20 Is Non-Monogamy Having a Moment? With Dr. Wednesday Martin
- Slip Sliding Away: Turning Back the Clock on Your Vagina-A gynecologist’s guide to eliminating post-menopause dryness and pain
To find a talk therapist with expertise in sexual function and relationship
- www.AASECT.org The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
- www.SSTARR.org The Society for Sex Therapist &Research
To find a Certified Menopause Practitioner
Lauren Streicher, MD is a clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine and the medical director of the Northwestern Medicine Center for Sexual Medicine and Menopause. She is a certified menopause practitioner of the North American Menopause Society.
Dr. Streicher is the medical correspondent for Chicago’s top-rated news program, the WGNMorningNews, and has been seen on The Today Show, Good Morning America, The Oprah Winfrey Show, CNN, NPR, Dr.Radio, Nightline, Fox and Friends, The Steve Harvey Show, CBS ThisMorning, ABCNewsNow, NBCNightlyNews,20/20, and WorldNewsTonight. She is an expert source for many magazines and serves on the medical advisory board of The Kinsey Institute, Self Magazine, and Prevention Magazine. She writes a regular column for The Ethel by AARP and Prevention Magazine.
Subscribe and Follow Dr. Streicher on
Books by Lauren Streicher, MD
Slip Sliding Away: Turning Back the Clock on Your Vagina-A gynecologist’s guide to eliminating post-menopause dryness and pain