Manage episode 280537512 series 1123239
On episode 139 of the Atlantic City and Casino Biz podcast, Kyle and Craig look back at some random 1939 events, including Nucky’s indictment for tax evasion, a boxer fighting a kangaroo on the Boardwalk, and some interestingly-named teammates on that year’s Atlantic City Sea Gulls hockey team. Then, the news:
- Trump Plaza will be imploded on January 29th and the city is auctioning off the chance to press the detonate button.
- The CRDA approved the Showboat waterpark and the next step is wrangling over tax breaks.
- All Pennsylvania casinos closed as of December 12th; no new rules for AC casinos yet.
- Harrah’s poker room will reopen on December 26th.
- Q3 profits down from 2019, but not disastrously.
- We can’t say the same about November gambling revenue, in part because of the 10 PM drinking and dining cutoff.
Episode info: [ 0:36:34 | 17.6 MB | download here ]