Manage episode 301659887 series 2804772
This week Charli and Bethany talk about four things to help you decide what virtual events to attend.
Then Charli interviews Simon Bradshaw, the Engineering Director for CIRCOR Pumps Americas, in Monroe NC. They discuss impactful moments of his career, advise for future engineers looking to get into the pump industry, and the future of the pump industry in regards to artificial intelligence and IIOT.
[Interview Starts at 22:44]
At CIRCOR, Simon's responsibilities include the quoting, design and execution of orders for positive displacement pumps and associated systems. Prior to joining CIRCOR, he worked for ITT Goulds Pumps, Sulzer Pumps and Weir Pumps, where he held various positions of engineering and contractual responsibility. Additionally, he has supported the Hydraulic Institute in the development of pump standards and best practice guides. Mr. Bradshaw has accumulated 34 years in the pump industry. He attributes this to having never exhausted the fun inherent in moving fluid between two improbable locations. He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from Heriot Watt University. He is also a registered Chartered Engineer in the United Kingdom and a member of the Institute of Engineering Designers.
Contact & Links:
Resources and Links:
- Get the digital edition
- Sign up for Empowering Pumps & Equipment newsletter
- Nominate an Industry Person of the Week
- Empowering Women Meetup - Wed, September 8
- Empowering Brands Meetup - Tues. September 21
- Empowering Women in Industry Slack group
- Empowering Women in Industry Podcast
- Industry Person of the Week
- Sponsor Empowering Women
- Lunch & Learn with Vince
- Leadership Summit
- 10 Tips to Improve Operations of a Salt Water Disposal Pump
- Power Station Circulating Water System Assessment
- LRVS, Sept. 14-15