Manage episode 377912079 series 2803603
After years of hard work and dedication, many medical professionals fail to make the most of the relatively good salary that they make, falling victim to poor financial decisions by the time retirement comes along. Today’s guest, Marshall Weintraub, is here to explain that with proper planning, money should not be an issue for any medical graduate. Marshall is a Certified Financial Planner and Analyst who focuses on helping young medical professionals better understand and manage their money. Our guest shares advice on some insurance basics to consider, how to go about investing as a young doctor, why living within your means is non-negotiable, and everything you need to know about Roth IRAs. Marshall also has feedback for those who believe that tax funds are a waste of time, and he offers up his book, Financial Planning Basics for Doctors as one of four note-worthy resources for financial planning. You’ll also learn about finding the perfect financial advisor before our guest tackles our rapid-fire questions, and some of his answers may surprise you!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing financial advisor, Marshall Weintraub, and his professional background.
- Marshall’s advice for graduating medical residents who want to plan their financial future.
- Some insurance basics to consider.
- His investing recommendations for young doctors.
- Getting help with budgeting and living within your means.
- Marshall’s detailed explanation of a Roth IRA, and how to know if this is your best option.
- His retort to those who say that you shouldn’t invest in any tax funds.
- What he thinks about financial planning for education.
- Financial Planning Basics for Doctors, and other helpful resources for financial planning.
- The perfect fit: how to find a financial advisor that suits your needs.
- Marshall answers our rapid-fire questions, including the best book that he’s ever read.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Marshall Weintraub on LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/marshall-weintraub-cfa-cfp%C2%AE-14164925/
Finity Group — https://www.thefinitygroup.com/
Financial Planning Basics for Doctors — https://www.amazon.com/Financial-Planning-Basics-Doctors-Personal/dp/1480872113
FINRA BrokerCheck — https://brokercheck.finra.org/
The Big Short (Book) — https://www.amazon.com/Big-Short-Inside-Doomsday-Machine/dp/0393338827
The Big Short (Movie) — https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596363/
KLS Martin — https://www.klsmartin.com/en/
Everyday Oral Surgery Website — https://www.everydayoralsurgery.com/
Everyday Oral Surgery on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/everydayoralsurgery/
Everyday Oral Surgery on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/EverydayOralSurgery/
Dr. Grant Stucki Email — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Grant Stucki Phone — 720-441-6059