Manage episode 302941038 series 2697229
Comic artist and game developer, Lindsay Ishihiro, joins me to talk about the thoughtful worldbuilding that went into the simulator game, I Was a Teenage Exocolonist. There are mushroom trees, inclusive romances, and five fascinating seasons.
We also talk about the importance of hiring sensitivity readers, so here's a directory (just one of many) where you can find people to help make your creative projects inclusive and accessible.
I Was A Teenage Exocolonist is being developed by Northway Games and will be published by Finji.
HOSTED by Dr. Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
- Head to inkedgaming.com/exolore and use the code EXOLORE to get 10% off at checkout
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/exolorepod
- twitter: twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: instagram.com/exolorepod
- website: exolorepod.com
- subreddit: reddit.com/r/ExolorePod
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
- Editing: Mischa Stanton, https://www.mischastanton.com/
- Transcript by Iesir Moss
Have you ever wished you could travel to a different world? Exolore can help with that! In each episode, astrophysicist/folklorist Moiya McTier explores fictional worlds by building them with a panel of expert guests, interviewing professional worldbuilders, or reviewing the merits of worlds that have already been built. You'll learn, you'll laugh, and you'll gain an appreciation for how special our planet really is.
Exolore is a member of Multitude Productions, an independent podcast collective and production studio.