Manage episode 305202383 series 1789813
Today’s episode focuses on high-risk pregnancies. My guest Parijat Deshpande shares specific strategies for coping with the stressful realities of high risk pregnancies to ultimately reduce birth complications and reduce the risk of having a pre-term birth.
Parijat Deshpande is the leading integrative high-risk pregnancy specialist, somatic trauma professional and speaker and author who guides women to improve their pregnancy complications so they can reduce their risk of preterm birth. Her unique neurobiological approach has served hundreds of women to manage pregnancy complications and reclaim a safety and trust in their bodies that they thought was eroded forever. Parijat is the author of bestselling book Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy. She is also the host of the popular podcast Delivering Miracles®️, that discusses the real, raw side of family-building including infertility, loss, high-risk pregnancy, bed rest, prematurity and healing once baby comes home.
Learn more about Parijat Deshpande and her work at www.parijatdeshpande.com.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self Study Program!
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!
Today’s episode is also sponsored by Saturee! Liver is one of the most nutrient dense foods available! Liver is rich in folate, choline, vitamin B12, iron, vitamin A, selenium, zinc, coenzyme Q10 and the list goes on, but unless you grew up eating it, you may have a hard time loving the taste. Saturee A+ liver capsules contain 100% Australian grass fed and finished beef liver with no fillers or preservatives. Click here to purchase today and enter coupon code FERTILITYFRIDAY for a 5% discount off your order!
[powerpress]Topics discussed in today's episode:
- What inspired Parijat to begin her work in women’s health
- How her own fertility and pregnancy journey impacted her
- Identifying what stress really is and how it affects the body
- Strategies to manage your stress during pregnancy
- How stress can affect your menstrual cycle
- Knowing when is the right time to use specific tools (meditation, journaling, etc.) in your stress cycle
- The importance of getting yourself back to safety post-trauma before getting pregnant again
- Why it’s important to remember we cannot feel joy if we don’t feel safe
- Positive effects of re-regulating your nervous system during pregnancy
Connect with Parijat:
- Pregnancy Brain: A Mind-Body Approach to Stress Management During a High-Risk Pregnancy
- Delivering Miracles®️Podcast
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- FFP 261 | Medical Gaslighting, Feminism, Reproductive Health, and Abortion | Nicole Jardim
- FFP 248 | Abdominal Therapy for Fertility, Conception, and Emotional Healing | Andrea Thompson
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 237 | Demystifying the Cervix | Lisa & Dana
- FFP 232 | Birth Stories | Planning and Preparing for Birth | Dr. Danielle Miller
- FFP 133 | Preparing for Pregnancy and Childbirth Naturally | Mama Natural (Genevieve Howland)
- FFP 117 | What do Midwives Do? | Is it Safe to Have Babies at Home? | Midwifery Care in Canada | Candice Syme R.M.
- FFP 043 | The Role of Birth and Postpartum Doulas in the Birthing Process | Placenta Encapsulation | Fertility Awareness | Sarah Moloney
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsThe Fertility Awareness Charting Workbook