Manage episode 329122616 series 1789813
Sarah and Matthew Bivens are the creators of Doing It At Home (DIAH), a platform for empowering home birth content and community. DIAH started in 2016 when they were pregnant with their first child and switched from a hospital birth to a home birth halfway through the pregnancy. Both balanced lifestyle coaches prior to becoming parents, Sarah and Matthew have taken their past coaching experience and married it with their passion for home birth to make DIAH the ultimate space for home birth empowerment. DIAH includes a podcast, online community and content, resources and coaching. Together since 2012, Matthew and Sarah currently live in Marietta, Georgia with their daughter Maya.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Course. The most in-depth and comprehensive online fertility awareness self-study program available. Click here to join now!Topics discussed in today's episode:
- What brought Sarah and Matthew to where they are now
- Sarah and Matthews pregnancy experience
- What prompted Matthew and Sarah to change their mind to have a home birth
- What were Matthews concerns with home birth and was he onboard with it at first
- What the differences are between a hospital setting and home birth setting
- The differences in experiences with the midwife and the obgyn
- How Sarah and Michael got passed their fears of home birth
- Lisa's appearance on "Doing it at Home" Podcast
- Conceiving with Fertility Awareness Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- FFP 043 | The Role of Birth and Postpartum Doulas in the Birthing Process | Placenta Encapsulation | Fertility Awareness | Sarah Moloney
- FFP 061 | How to Conceive Naturally and Have a Healthy Pregnancy after 30 | Willow Buckley
- FFP 092 | Natural Fertility Info | Nutrition For Fertility | Smart Supplementation | Get Pregnant Naturally | Hethir Rodriguez
- FFP 117 | What do Midwives Do? | Is it Safe to Have Babies at Home? | Midwifery Care in Canada | Candice Syme R.M.
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsors: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness ProgramsFertility Awareness Mastery Mentorship Program (FAMM)
This episode is sponsored by FAMM! Are you a women's health practitioner looking for a solid way to incorporate comprehensive fertility awareness chart analysis into your practice? If yes, FAMM is the program you've been waiting for. Click here to apply now!