Manage episode 283352934 series 1547332
What does the stage of tomorrow look like? What does the rehearsal room of tomorrow look like? Sometimes these themes just come together as your two favorite weekend warriors get to chatting, and this week certainly hits that mark.
Listen as Dave Hamilton and Paul Kent talk through the tech — and future tech — that might exist to really help us evolve our setups in meaningful ways. Dave has been able to test his new “no PA” studio with Fling lately, and he and Paul talk through in-ear tech, portable amps, and more as they paint a rosy image of our cleaner, quieter futures.
Against anyone’s better judgment, Dave also wades into the rant pool today with a bit of commentary on the music gear industry. Look out!
And remember … press play … and always be performing.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 289 – Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- 00:01:09 Fling Rehearsals!
- 00:10:00 The No-PA Setup
- 00:17:23 Johnnie D-288-CSF-Boss ACS Pro
- 00:20:03 CSF-JamStack portable amp
- 00:21:11 CSF-Mackie MP-240 BTA Universal Fit In-Ear Monitors
- 00:24:35 The possibility of In-Ear Transmitter Receivers
- 00:42:00 WAVS Custom
- 00:43:24 Gibson acquired Mesa Boogie
- 00:44:51 Universal Audio releases Guitar Pedals
- 00:48:38 Gig Gab 289 Outtro