Manage episode 256395891 series 124778
- Everything has been canceled. We run through the events that have been canceled thus far (spoiler: it's all of them), and theorize what it might mean for Olympic qualification—if the Olympics actually happen. Note to FIG: We already figured out what you need to do, so just do what we say and you might survive.
- USAG has canceled events through May 10, but how much oversight does USAG have to tell clubs to stop training and classes? We discuss.
- Jessica uses the Olympic Spirit as a vehicle to tell people to stop being the absolute worst
- Spencer's favorite piece of news from the week, a (now-revised and no longer fun) real estate article that assumed Valeri Liukin and Yevgeny Marchenko were a couple.
- Plus, Shannon Miller knows about being Shannon F🤸cking Miller, Nia Dennis was on Ellen, and Jessica is really into all the gymnastics relationship goss while Spencer pretends to be above it.
- What's this? A federal investigation into Steve Penny potentially acting as an illegal agent for athletes? Oh tell us more.
- The NCAA season has come to a premature conclusion, likely spelling the end of gymnastics careers for this epic class of 2020 seniors. So, this week we have a fitting mini-commission about whether this is the greatest NCAA class of all time, and Jessica makes you have all the feelings about how the significance of this group of athletes goes well beyond gymnastics.
- We wrap up the season and call on you to help us with an end-of-season awards list.
- Simone is the queen of Twitter. The end.
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes here.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- March 12: COVID-19 Championships Update
- Behind The Scenes: March 12 COVID-19 Championships Update
- 415: American Cup of Coronavirus
- 414: American Cup Preview
- Behind The Scenes: Morgan Hurd Interview & The Missing Episode
- 413: Is Jade Carey an Olympian Yet?
- Behind The Scenes: Jade Carey, Grace McCallum, Kayla DiCello and Lilly Lippeatt Interviews