Manage episode 256973427 series 124778
Via the IOC's longest-serving member, Dick Pound, we learned that the 2020 Tokyo Olympics have been postponed. It's been a long year this month, so Jessica has a list of Dick Pound jokes to get us through. It's most of the episode. After that, we discuss
- Why it was important to postpone
- Gymnastics implications
- Should the new 2021 seniors now become eligible for the Olympics?
- What code of points should be used?
- How should the unfinished qualification process be resolved?
- What of the 2021 world championships in Copenhagen?
- Which athletes are most affected by this, negatively and positively?
- Plus, McKayla Maroney opens up about the circumstances of her father's death and releases her debut single, a rundown of the dumpster fire news, Bart has an adult gymnastics challenge for you, and Full Out 2 has been released
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes here.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- 416: Everything Is Canceled
- Breaking news mini-sode: COVID-19 Championships Update
- Behind the Scenes: March 12 COVID-19 Championships Update
- 415: American Cup of Coronavirus
- 414: American Cup Preview
- Behind The Scenes: Morgan Hurd Interview & The Missing Episode
- 413: Is Jade Carey an Olympian Yet
- Behind The Scenes: Jade Carey, Grace McCallum, Kayla DiCello and Lilly Lippeatt Interviews