Manage episode 262390987 series 124778
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubbubbs and hiccups) and see video of the routines we discuss.GYMTERNET NEWS
- USAG cancels elite events for the remainder of 2020. Inevitable sigh.
- Some THOUGHTS about these new garbage Title IX regulations
- The latest steps toward NCAA athlete compensation and what it means for gymnasts
- NCAA gymnastics news, in which we discuss the sprouting of Long Island University and whether or not Nebraska is...OK?
- How various nations are handling a return to elite training
- Jessica has some feelings about priorities and the re-opening of gyms in the US
- Dumpster fire developments on the suspension of Amy Nyman, the dismissal of charges against Lou Anna Simon, and USOC getting sued for fraud
- Finally, how bad was the FIG's decision to use the qualification results from Baku as final? Score For Score has the numbers
- A mini commission from Nico T.L. asks us to go deep on three...shall we say remarkable?...floor routines from 2000—Elena Produnova's "Super Bitch Power Routine," Paloma Moro's "Cracked Out Spanish Hoedown Routine," and Alena Polozkova's "So Bad You Can't Look Away Routine." This is heavenly.
- We conclude with some feedback about Li Li's culpability in the Maggie Haney situation, autism, Nazis (?), and our judging episode.
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here
- And we have masks too!