Manage episode 265970365 series 124778
This episode was commissioned by Club Gym Nerd member Jasmine, who asked for an episode all about the 2003 worlds team final. Hollie's number. "Oh, that's too bad." Warming up on the podium. "So little talent." A truly iconic choice!WATCH HERE
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubs and hiccups) and watch the videos of the routines we're discussing right along with us.BUT FIRST
A little breaking news nugget: We discuss Shawn Johnson's latest YouTube video about being given Adderall for weight loss, not an approved therapeutic exemption, for this banned substance, and what the potential fallout could be, if any.2003 TEAM FINAL
- US injury drama – and more questions about the US team medical care
- Jessica's behind-the-scenes story about Khorkina interacting with children!
- The birth of the legend of Chellsie Freaking Memmel
- A frame-by-frame dissection of Tasha trying to block Martha's head smack
- "So little talent" and what Shevchenko herself thinks of that comment
- Interpreting Khorkina's choreography
- Jessica's tale of spying on a US practice and Carly's crazy bars training
- Hollie's number: Was the US team given preferential treatment?
- China's neutral deduction for warming up on the podium
- "Ooooh, that's too bad"
- AND MORE!
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
- 430: Athlete A with Jennifer Sey
- 429: John Orozco Does Not Hold Back
- 428: Black Lives Matter This Week Too
- 427: The Gymnast Who Kneeled During The National Anthem
- 425: GymCastic Fixes Judging (Commission)
- 422: Stick It (Commissioned)
- 368: No-No-Nunnoisms (Commissioned)
- 365: 1988 Olympics Team Competition (Commissioned)
- 364: 80s Fight! (Commissioned)
- 344: Shushunova vs. Silivas 1988 (Commissioned)
- 308: 2004 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)