Manage episode 270479473 series 124778
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubs and hiccups) and see video of the routines we discuss.HEADLINES
- Alyssa Beckerman penned a Google Doc about the emotional manipulation, ostracism, pettiness, and mishandling of weight and injury that she experienced at UCLA under Miss Val
- What lessons other coaches can learn about the best ways to help athletes who experienced abusive club careers
- Does this change how we look at Miss Val's positive coaching tour?
- Thoughts on Miss Val's response and whether she should have said anything at all
- International Socio-Cultural research group on Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (ISCWAG) research and interview
- Jenny Pinches explanation on August 7, 2020 before Alyssa's letter) of the #AthleteAlliance movement re coaches
- One Face: Project Gravitas
- Related articles on Beckerman :
- More #GymnastAlliance news
- The NCAA Gym is dying
- Alaska's women's program and Iowa's men's program will be shut down after 2021. We mourn.
- Erin has commissioned us to bring back fluff pieces and reimagine the non-racist, non-condescending, non-awful versions we'd like to see. Obviously, we go right to Elena Produnova, Catalina Ponor's closet, and lesbians
- Kensley's article on Female judges in MAG, Suni Lee's COVID scare, an exposé of the Brazilian club Pinheiros, and what we think of the survivors' attorneys asking the court to reject Terin Humphrey's claim
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!