Manage episode 272725584 series 124778
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubs and hiccups) and see video of the routines we discuss.GYMTERNET NEWS
- The college COVID wars are raging. We discuss whether it's possible to have an equitable college gym season with such varying preparations.
- Gymnast Alliance: The latest in Amy Tinkler's saga, as well as what's been happening in Australia
- Simone posted some triple pikes and Yurchenko double pikes for national gymnastics day
- At Japanese Masters, Shuko Uchimura (Kohei's mom) competed again at 53 and we were treated to the most important men's floor routine of the age
- Everyone is injured on the eve of Chinese WAG nationals and we're not OK
This week, Jessica speaks with Annemarie Alf, an American Doctor of Physical Therapy and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist who has spent the last three quads working with the Chinese women's gymnastics team. We talk about strength training, why there are so few Achilles tears there, nutrition, medical treatments, what we can learn from the Chinese Olympic system, and her thoughts on SafeSport. Plus her descriptions of working with Cheng Fei, Yao Jinnan, Deng LinLin, ChenChen, Chen Yile.MINI COMMISSION
Jyl has commissioned us to have a conversation about the trauma of leaving the sport. "How can we better prepare these young athletes for the 'after-life?' Offering quality training while still enabling them to be actual functioning people after the mats are gone?"JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!