Manage episode 302665061 series 2955911
In this episode, the stripper with a Ph.D., Lux ATL, is here to...
- discuss the addictiveness of social media, why it's not your fault, and how to have strong boundaries for yourself and the time you spend on social media
- discuss the disciplined, singular focus required to accomplish your goals and how/why social media will try to keep you "multi-tasking" unless you block out time for focus
- share Lux's experience with the cancel mobs on social media
- discuss the obtuseness & stupidity of the belief that billions of people on social media, all with varying backgrounds and experience, are somehow supposed to agree on everything and see the world the same way
- share the importance of learning rhetoric and why folks who lack the skill of rhetoric also lack boundaries on social media
- answer the question, "Is it possible to have productive conversations with people you disagree with on social media?"
- give listeners practical tips for setting boundaries on social media for themselves and others
- discuss why integrity is the magic ingredient for showing up online
Check out Lux's book Too Pretty to Be Good