Manage episode 295816294 series 2943348
Sanna studied at Brown University and took up investment banking at Morgan Stanley post graduation, where she spent more than 2 years. During one of her visits to India, while she was attending a wedding, she recognised how broken the process of conducting Weddings in India was. This is when she decided to solve this problem and the Wedding Brigade was born!
The one stop solution for conducting Weddings, Sanna and team have wonderfully curated the brand with spectacular progression of content, community, commerce, coupled with tremendous amounts of consumer love, leading to exponential growth, establishing the Wedding Brigade as one of the foremost startups in the space.
Through this Episode we discuss the following:
1. (02:45) : What does it mean to be a Solo Founder?
2. (04:99) : The advantages of Being a Solo Founder!
3. (7:05) : Envisioning the Full Stack Solution with The Wedding Brigade (TWB) & taking the smaller steps towards that Vision || The Importance of Focus
4. (11:41) : The Social Media Brilliance of TWB & Lessons to master the Social Media Game
5. (15:21) : Building on Top of things || Content --> E-Commerce ---> Platform Approach
6. (18:35) : The Target Segment for TWB & Consumer Insights from building for that segment
7. (22:42) : Solving for Trust & Human Touch prevalent in Weddings
8. (25:32) : Internalizing and Scaling Culture during the Rapid Growth Phase
9. (29:34) : How did Sanna recognise the Entrepreneur in her and How did the Wedding Brigade start?
10. (32:55) : How does Sanna keep up and continue expanding herself through the Founder journey?
11. (36:16) : What does the end goal look like for Sanna? What is she chasing?
12.(38:25) : The Do Not's to starting from Sanna's Lens!
13. (41:07) : Summary of the Episode
Here is the 44th Episode of the Indian Silicon Valley Podcast - The Importance of Focus!
If you're interested in knowing Sanna's journey and thoughts further, do check out this candid interview of hers -
Thank you all for tuning into this Episode!
Do not forget to Subscribe to our WhatsApp Newsletter.
"If you never try, you never know"