Manage episode 307731291 series 2770069
Episode 148 hosts Dr Danae Lim (Cosmetic Physician) & Nicky Lurie (Skin therapist) who both work at Shape Clinic, Sydney.
During this episode, we discuss how the expertise of skin care intersects with injectables. While some injectors have extensive knowledge in the field of skin anatomy and cosmetic ingredients, the majority aren't trained in this important speciality.
- How skin care & injectables go hand in hand
- How poor skin quality affects the outcomes of injectable
- How practitioners might integrate skin care into their practice
- What the limitations of injectables are and where can skin treatments can optimise patients overall aesthetic outcomes
- Why traditionally has there been such a disconnect between skin therapists and injectors?
- What are the most common skin concerns that are poorly treated with injectables?
- Why patients find the skin such a mystery? How can we educate people better?
- How to discuss sun protection with injectable patients
- The art of working as a team to maximise your patients goals
Send Dr Jake & David your podcast feedback via email or text here: www.solo.to/insideaesthetics
Or DM us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/insideaestheticspodcast
Follow David on Instagram: www.instagram.com/david_insideaesthetics
Follow Dr Danae on Instagram: @drdanaelim