Manage episode 308097772 series 2770069
Episode 149 hosts Dr Gavin Chan, a cosmetic physician based in Melbourne, Australia. He's worked in the field for over 16 years and he also hosts an extremely successful YouTube channel (under his clinics name 'Victorian Cosmetic Institute) where he explores injectables topics, controversies and more.
In this new series of episodes called 'Treatments & Regions Uncovered', we’ll be drilling down into how injectors approach specific areas of the face, what techniques they use and what they've changed over time as they mastered the technique.
We’ll explore the patient perspective and get an understanding of their needs and complaints, as well as discussing any alternative treatment options that might be considered.
We also discuss the anatomy and facial ageing signs of the area to better understand what’s happening before going on a deep dive to find out:
- how our guest does it
- what products and tools they prefer and why
- what approaches they use and why
- what we can learn from their experiences and the complications that they’ve encountered
As an extra twist to these episodes, our co-hosts Dr Jake and David will take on different roles! David will act as our main host and give his own ‘patient’ perspectives whilst Dr Jake will join the week's guest as a second expert injector to share his own insights, tips and tricks.
This week we’ll be exploring the ‘tear trough and peri-ocular region', the delicate zone below the eyes and an area commonly requested by patients - but notoriously difficult to treat well. We cover:
-what exactly is the tear trough?
-when do patients typically start noticing changes in the under eye region?
- What are the factors that cause the tear trough region to age?
- How do genetic factors influence the tear trough including skin colour, race etc
- Are there preventative measures patients can take to slow down or prevent (to a degree) hollowness in this area?
- What does a “bad” tear trough treatment look like?
- Why is this area/treatment often misdiagnosed?
- Needle vs cannula techniques
In celebration of our 150th birthday and as a nod to our listeners and their feedback, we hope the introduction of this new series gives you a deeper dive into injecting and techniques. Our aim is to provide our listeners with as much value as possible whilst constantly evolving our content as our IA community grows.
Follow IA on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drjakesloane/?hl=en
Visit the IA website: www.insideaesthetics.com
Subscribe to IA on Apple podcasts: https://lnkd.in/gs-AzA
Subscribe to IA on Spotify: https://lnkd.in/gpP88hW
Rate IA on Apple podcasts: ttps://lnkd.in/gs-AzA
Follow Dr Gavin Chan on Instagram:@drgavinchanvci