Manage episode 376212869 series 3232191
Today on the Intuitive Eating for Christian Women podcast our guest Melissa Johnson explains why we need to redefine beauty and shares about her new book "Soul-Deep Beauty: Fighting for Our True Worth in a World Demanding Flawless".
In this episode we dig into:
- Her experience of finding deeper intimacy with God in her eating disorder and her journey of treatment and healing.
- The intertwining dangers of beauty culture and diet culture
- How media saturation impacts our mind, body and soul
- The power of shame in advertising and the importance of media literacy and being critical observers of the media we consume
- Awakening to the spiritual battle in eating disorders and tools for fighting back
- The importance of redefining beauty and how it changes our lives
- Her book "Soul-Deep Beauty: Fighting for Our True Worth in a World Demanding Flawless"
This episode of Intuitive Eating for Christian Women is brought to you by our MEMBERSHIP. If you’re ready to invest in your faith-based intuitive eating journey and invest in relationships with like-minded Christian women, then join us! You can try your first month for just $1.
To learn more about the membership and join go to https://intuitiveeatingforchristianwomen.com/membership/--- Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/intuitiveeating/message