Manage episode 245693947 series 2120250
There is so much wrong and misguided information – not to mention confusion – out there about social security. As a result, people make bad decisions that sometimes can be very hard to recover from.
We tackled the most common questions about social security, how it affects retirement planning, and what you should be doing now to prepare for a happy and healthy future with a steady income that meets your needs.
These are decisions you can’t put off any longer because what you do now will affect your social security benefits for a lifetime.
Tune in to find out…
- The basic calculation that determines your monthly benefit
- Balancing income tax with social security – before and after you start collecting
- The biggest mistakes people make with their social security – and how to avoid them
- The earliest – and latest – you can collect social security – and why you might wait
- The regulations regarding working while simultaneously collecting social security – and how much you can earn before you start to incur penalties on your benefits