Manage episode 291941986 series 2365985
Weekly Podcast from Cornerstone Church, North Gower, Ontario.
Passage: Psalm 27
The One Thing: Prayer is seeking
- Dan share how pleased he was that he and Wendy decided (last minute) to get off the hop-on-hop-off tour bus in Rome and actually walk down into the Circus Maximus. Have you ever gone out of your way to do something or go somewhere that was inconvenient but you're so glad you did?
- Ps 27:4 How can we live out the spirit of Psalm 27:4 in the practicalities of day-to-day life?
- Dan said "God ultimately gives us what we seek". Do you agree? Why or why not?
- Luke 10:41-42 Dan said that the main hindrance to single minded devotion is distraction. What should or could Martha have done differently in this scenario?
- Some of the distractions to single hearted devotion are sin (Ps 66:18), self (Jas 4:2-3), doing life my way (Deut. 1:43-45), hypocrisy (Isa 1:15), faithlessness (Jas 1:6-8). Which of these idols do you need to declutter from your life?
- Ps 27:8 What do you make of the idea of the Psalmist's heart communicating to the Psalmist? Have you ever experienced this phenomenon? What might we call this today?
- Psalm 27:8 shows the Psalmist listening to his heart. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us that the heart is deceitful above all things. How do we know when to listen to our heart and when to reject it?
- Psalm 27:8 What is God's face? Is it wise to seek God's face (read Exodus 33:20). What is this verse getting at and how can we live it out?
- Have you signed up for the "Set Free" Retreat (14/15 May) or "The Way" Renewal Pathway (starting 17 May)? If not, visit knowgrowshow.ca/setfreetheway