Manage episode 281904893 series 2819583
In this episode, Elia and Rea discuss the new DCEU film Wonder Woman 1984 (2020, dir. Patty Jenkins) and the blatant racism and white savior complex in it.
Supporting talking points in this episode: issues of consent, 80's nostalgia, lack of plot continuity, and a look at Maxwell Lord's internal racism
Content warnings: in depth spoilers for Wonder Woman 1984, racism, cis sexist tropes, sexual assault
Labyrinth of the Bizarre is a podcast by two QTPOC that reviews and discusses spec fiction, which is an umbrella term for all subgenres of science fiction and fantasy such as urban fantasy, dark fantasy, horror, superhero, and post-apocalyptic. Elia forgets the definition every episode.
- All Transcripts
- Elia (they/them) on social media
- Andrea (she/her) on Twitter
- Learn about what is happening in Palestine and what you can do to help
- On Gal Gadot
- Israeli Airstrike Mentioned
- More ways to support Palestinian children
- Screenshot of Gal's Instagram Post
- Origin of Cheetah
- Our website
Email us questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org