Manage episode 292844109 series 2508952
Matthew Centrowitz impresses at The Track Meet, the Bowerman Struggle, Yared Nuguse is your new NCAA record holder, Ostrava is here, the Diamond League is back, and can Joshua Cheptegei really break Daniel Komen's world record?
(Sponsor) The AIRWAAV Performance Mouthpiece is a relatively new training tool that launched late in 2020 after nearly 16 years of research. The AIRWAAV performance mouthpiece fits along your bottom teeth and pushes your jaw just forward enough to create the “optimal airway opening,” resulting in:
- Increased endurance — by reducing respiratory rate by 20%, resulting in less lactic acid production
- Increased strength — by improving muscular endurance
- Faster recovery times — by reducing cortisol build-up by up to 50%
LetsRun listeners can save 10% with the code "LR10" Dig into the science and put AIRWAAV to the test. Click here to try it out.
Do you love this content? Want more? Join our Supporters Club and get exclusive LetsRun content, a second podcast every week - The Friday Fifteen, and huge savings on running gear. The subscription pays for itself. letsrun.com/subscribe
We want your feedback. Email email@example.com or call 1-844-LETSRUN and hit option 7 to leave a private voicemail.
- Show notes: 2:38 Centro is baacck! Bowerman women struggle
- 11:29 Thread of week:Right now, Gudaf Tsegay has the fastest times in the world in the 800, 1500, 3000, 5000, and 10000. Unprecedented?
- 16:30 Josette Norris
- 24:14 Performer of Week/ Great NCAA Action Old-timers, is Wesley Kiptoo like Prefontaine.... just much better? Kiptoo had unreal 28:22, 8:31 st, 13:29 TRIPLE at Big 12s.
- 33:51 Yared Nuguse NCAA record
- 44:59 2:02:57 by Titus Ekiru
- 54:38 Breaking news: David Rudisha OUT Of Olympics
- 58:47 Conner Mantz/ Robert Brandt
- 66:19 Sara Hall gets the standard
- 71:36 Joshua Cheptegei goes after Daniel Komen's 3000 World Record, Komen "stories"
- 82:44 Athing Mo