Manage episode 293156124 series 2508952
Joe Klecker of the OAC is a strong Olympic hopeful in the 5,000 (13:06 PB) and 10,000 (27:23 PB) and comes from running royalty. His mom Janis won the 1992 Olympic Marathon Trials and his dad Barney was the world record holder at 50 miles.
We spoke to Joe fresh off his 27:23 10,000m which put him under the Tokyo Olympic standard and lets him focus all-in on June 18th the first day of the Olympic Trials and the day of the 10,000m final.
- Show notes:
- 2:17 Joe's 27:23 10,000m
- 7:18 Growing up in a (America's #1) running family
- 13:52 No one remembers the NCAA runner-up at Colorado
- 18:05 Turning pro
- 27:53 Can CU get back on top?
- 31:23 The Trials 5k vs 10k
- 35:51 His Famous Running Parents / Jim Walmsley & Supershoes
- 41:40 Is the marathon in Joe's future?
Drink LMNT Free Trial is Back. It Takes 2 Minutes and you pay only $5 shipping. LMNT provides essential electrolytes without sugar, artificial ingredients, coloring, or any other junk. Claim your free 7 packet sample pack - by going to DrinkLMNT.com/LetsRun . Wejo loves LMNT. He will personally refund your $5 if you don't like it.