Manage episode 292526118 series 1520619
Sending cold emails or LinkedIn InMails can feel daunting because you are not sure whether or not you will get a reply. In today’s episode, Eric shares some tips on how to write cold emails and InMails that stand a higher chance of getting a response. Tune in today to hear more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Before we jump into today’s interview, please rate, review, and subscribe to the Leveling Up Podcast!
- [00:38] What the LinkedIn report about InMails says about response rates.
- [01:03] Why a long cold email is unlikely to get a reply and what to do instead.
- [01:47] The value of personalization when sending a cold email or DM.
- [03:05] Personalization should be genuine, not robotic.
- [04:06] Avoid sending emails on Saturdays, but any other day is generally fine.
- [04:51] Individual InMails are more successful than ones sent in bulk.
- [05:23] If you are going to use a template, make it super simple so people don’t see that it is one.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: