Manage episode 293049131 series 1520619
If you have ever thought about writing a book, today’s episode is for you! Eric shares wisdom from his experience of publishing his book, Leveling Up. Tuning in, you’ll hear what you should ask yourself before you write a book, what the publishing process actually entails, and the importance of marketing, as well as the pros and cons of the different publishing models available. While book sales are not a good way to make money, Eric explains the other ways writing a book can help you level up in life and in business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:23] What you should ask yourself if you are thinking of publishing a book.
- [00:43] Why Eric wrote his book, Leveling Up.
- [01:13] Why you shouldn’t write a book if your focus is to make money from it.
- [01:42] Thoughts on whether or not people still read books.
- [02:09] What goes into publishing a book.
- [03:29] The differences between self-publishing, traditional publishing, and hybrid publishing.
- [04:34] The importance of marketing your book.
- [05:35] Closing thoughts on whether or not you should write a book.
- [05:58] The biggest benefit of publishing a book: building an audience.
- [06:52] Don’t forget to hit the subscribe and bell buttons.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: