Manage episode 343206912 series 3387075
If you want to rewrite the script around sugar in your family and for the next generation of children you are raising, this may require some countercultural approaches.
Because diet culture has demonized sweets, it may feel counterintuitive to make them more accessible to your children.
In today's episode, I want to give you some encouragement to help you confidently support your kiddos in building a positive relationship with sweets, as well as discuss some unconventional strategies that can give them the opportunities they need to learn how to self-regulate sugar.
No matter what your relationship has looked like with sweets, you can help your kids form health habits around these foods, as well as trust and confidence in their bodies.
- Dismantle diet culture in your family and to support your kids and learn how to self regulate all foods and preserve their intuitive eating abilities.
- Learn tips to allow foods that are difficult for you whether it’s your experience or cultural messaging
- Consider the limitations of food rules that are part of our psyche and our mentality.
- Connect with Crystal on Instagram
- Download your exclusive guide: "5 Reasons Why Your Child is Obsessed With Sweets and How to End the Craze."
- Save your spot in my FREE upcoming workshop, "Rewrite the Script on Halloween Sweets to Help Your Kids Self-Regulate Sugar!"
- Read the blog: "This Child Dietitian Nutritionist Lets Kids Eat Candy For Breakfast"
Questions about today's episode or do you have topic requests for future episodes? We'd love to hear from you - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about today's episode or do you have topic requests for future episodes? Please send your feedback via email to email@example.com or connect with Crystal on Instagram.